Saturday 10 October 2015

Sprint to the Finish

Monday, 8:15 a.m., we are to report for photo-shoot activities.

A fair bit of chaos and many long hours of work are preceding this much anticipated event:



I myself put in my final pre-photo-shoot stitch at 5:24 today, hurray!!! and that after 70+ hours last week, six solid and long days this week. Probably not my final stitch ever, as it is inevitable that wearing the outfits during the shoot will reveal snags and insufficiences requiring repair before the exhibit next Friday/Saturday.

Just for fun, here's a picture of the little bustle-gown model I made weeks ago, out of a pop bottle, so I could try draping:






2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a gruelling effort to the finish line, Minnie. Have so enjoyed all your posts and the explanations of what you are doing each step of the way. Did you have any idea this was what you were heading into when you signed up?! You seem to have been enjoying it immensely. Looking forward to more of your stories, images and descriptions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rosie! no, I didn't know this would be what I was heading into, and yet, it's exactly as I had imagined (if such a paradox is allowed). Besides everything I've learned from a sewing point of view, perhaps one of the most interesting things is that I can actually sew for 13 hours on a day, or for 13 days straight, and enjoy it. That amazes me more than anything.

    ReplyDelete