Sunday 18 October 2015

The Results - Photos!!


Since I put in my final photo-shoot stitch at 5:24 p.m. a week ago Saturday, it's been a whirlwind: the shoot, the duffle bag, preparing for and hosting the two-day exhibition (separate post), packing everything up, taking leave of the people I've spent so much time with. Now I have almost two days before I take the overnight bus to Heathrow for the trip home. It's been an amazing four months.

The photographer shot front and back views of individual costumes, as well as each period in a group. I will do separate posts for each period with everyone's costumes (still have to ask their permission, though, didn't think to do that) so those who are interested can check out the fine and imaginative work by the whole class in greater detail. I feel very privileged to have worked with these talented young women!

In the order of the making, then: Tudor modelled by James, 1880s bustle modelled by moi, 1930s Madeleine Vionnet bias cut (again modelled by moi).  Venues for the shoot: York's 15th-century Guildhall for the older costumes (York Guildhall), for the Vionnet gowns the art deco Belmont Room in the renowned Betty's Tea Room (the Belmont Room is a1937 copy of the stateroom in the Queen Mary, which made her maiden voyage in 1936: Betty's in York). Doesn't everyone look FINE!!!

First the Tudor:




Next the late 1880s bustle gown:




Finally the 1930s Vionnet:




The photographer also took a picture of me photographing James and showing him the results. They're nice shots - and they show how tired I was... but goodness, it was all worth it!



1 comment:

  1. Wonderful blog, Minnie! The costumes are all incredible, but my personal favorite is your 30's gown, and they've photographed you here with all the others in the absolutely perfect setting! Reminds me of my favorite movies from the 30's - the Fred Astaire/Ginger Rogers classics and all the Thin Man ones (some of which you can see complete on YouTube).

    ReplyDelete