Monday 4 June 2012


Space. Distance. Sky. Road. Trees. More trees. Somewhat different trees. Water. Ponds. Creeks. Rivers. Lakes. Ducks. Two Sandhill Cranes. Bison. More Bison. Lots of Bison. A forest fire. People watching the forest fire from the top of their trucks. Several forest fires, it's been a dry and early spring. The fire fighters cleaned "Winnie's" in Enterprise (still some 450 kms from Yellowknife) out of her famous buttertarts that my sister asked me to pick up for her on our way. Winnie knows Rosalie, but then again, Rosalie knows everyone.
So much to see, so much to experience, so much to learn, in this vast land that is our Canada!

So I've arrived in Yellowknife, safe and sound. A comfortable three-day trip of 1700 kilometers, and not a boring moment. Trip pictures, in rough chronological order, will follow! since I'm not entirely an experienced blog poster, bear with my efforts, or shut me down.... the beauty of a blog, isn't it. With the exception of two pictures, I'll make separate posts for the three days.

The start - packing "The Durango" for the trip.  My most precious belongings come with me directly - my best sewing machines, the hard drive of my main computer, the most current business files, my photo album of Alan. Underneath everything - the plate glass top of my fabric design table. Who knew the darn thing could be SO heavy!

The finish - raising my fists in victory in Yellowknife! We made it, arriving at 5:20 on Sunday June 3. The Durango enjoying its well-deserved rest beside Trudy and Bill's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment